Dear fellow bookworms,
because of your kind support and understanding about my failure last week, I have now completely recovered and am a perfectly happy bookworm again. Thank you for all the hugs and love you’ve sent in real life, via Gribook, Facebook and Twitter. You rock.
As promised, I’ll be sharing great news with you today.
Back in January 2011, I set the goal to read 50 books this year. Not tremendously ambitious. In my defense, I was in a serious relationship and anticipating a most exhilarating (and hectic) year ahead. At some point, I didn’t even think I’ll ever complete the challenge. I did. By mid-November, too.
I completed my 2011 Goodreads Reading Challenge.
Here is a list of the books I’ve read this past year – some okay, some life-changing, some not worth opening. I’ve included an entirely subjective one-to-five-stars-rating-system – with 5 turquoise stars meaning I was blown away by how awesome the book was – to give you an idea of what I thought of them.
The books I’ve read in Romanian are marked with (Ro) and the ones I read in e-book form – (Kindle). I only own about half of these, so I have dear friends to thank for the generosity of providing me with the other half.
Without further ado, the list:
- The Right Attitude to Rain, Alexander McCall Smith
- Listening to Others, Joyce Huggett
- In Every Pew Sits a Broken Heart, Ruth Graham (Ro)
- Encouragement, Larry Crabb (Ro)
- Out of the Silent Planet, C.S.Lewis (Ro)
- The Careful Use of Compliments, Alexander McCall Smith
- Healing the Wounds of Trauma, Margaret Hill
- Desiring God, John Piper
- The Lies Women Believe, Nancy Leigh DeMoss (Ro)
- Summer People, Brian Groh
- Church: Why Bother? Philip Yancey (Ro)
- Boy Meets Girl, Joshua Harris
- The Comfort of Saturdays, Alexander McCall Smith
- Emotionally Healthy Spirituality, Peter Scazzero
- Rediscovering Wonder, Ravi Zacharias (Ro)
- Jane Eyre, Charlotte Bronte (Ro)
- Crazy Love, Francis Chan
- The Protector, Dee Henderson
- The Reason for God, Tim Keller
- Visioneering, Andy Stanley (Ro)
- The Healer, Dee Henderson
- Anonymous, Alicia Chole
- The Rescuer, Dee Henderson
- The Double Comfort Safari Club, Alexander McCall Smith
- The Confident Woman, Joyce Meyer
- He Still Moves Stones, Max Lucado
- Home to Holly Springs, Jan Karon
- Things I Wish I’d Known Before Marriage, Gary Chapman
- In the Company of Others, Jan Karon
- Flickering Pixels, Shane Hipps
- The Me I Want to Be, John Ortberg
- Wild at Heart, John Eldredge
- The DNA of Relationships, Gary Smalley
- The Note, Angela Hunt
- Sophie’s World, Jostein Gaarder
- Celebration of Discipline, Richard Foster
- Savannah from Savannah, Denise Hildreth
- Savannah Comes Undone, Denise Hildreth
- What a Girl Wants, Kristin Billerbeck
- It Happens Every Spring, Catherine Palmers (Kindle)
- Summer Breeze, Catherine Palmers (Kindle)
- The Happy Room, Catherine Palmers
- Falling for You Again, Catherine Palmers (Kindle)
- Winter Turns to Spring, Catherine Palmers (Kindle)
- The Help, Kathryn Stockett (Kindle)
- The Bible Jesus Read, Philip Yancey (Ro)
- The Act of Marriage, Tim and Beverly LaHaye (Ro)
- The Best of Me, Nicholas Sparks (Kindle)
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams
Thanks for celebrating with me. And tell me about your reading goals for 2011. How are you faring?
P.S. we’re working on some awesome projects here at gribook & friends. I can’t contain my excitement, so I’ll be sharing about it in the next couple of weeks. You. will. love. it.